Thursday, September 24, 2015

Very Quick Tour of Toledo

Thank goodness the girls are both sick. Mountain climbing is out for a while. Don't worry Fatima, I rubbed Vicks on Alice's chest. I hope she stays sick the rest of the trip 😁.

We pull in to Toledo and I call our hotel and ask for directions. Actually Belinda does. Then she looks at me like "you idiot". The hotel was right across the street. Like I can remember. I made the reservation in April ! We wouldn't need a taxi after all. 

The train station was awesome





We checked in, dropped off our luggage and walked back to the train station to take the CityTour bus. It was the last one so we couldn't "hop on, hop off" and just took about a one hour tour around and through the walled city. Another wow structure. But thankful we didn't walk there. Uphill coming and going!






We got back to the hotel about 8pm (I'm now using am and pm because I was confusing myself) and tried to find a place to eat. Wrong part of town apparently. The only place open was Restaurant Hong Kong right next to our hotel. Worked for us. We had noodles and hot and spicy soup. It was very good. We walked back to our windowless room and hit the sack. Short post.

No comments:

Post a Comment