Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Not a Day of Rest

Today is Tuesday, 15 September. I say that to remind me where we are. I am in a fog. Young Thomas is used to walking everywhere. And boy did we walk yesterday. Even Belinda the goat said she wished she had a pedometer. And it rained. We probably took public transport at least 16 times and then walked and walked.

We tried to find out favorite Hooters but apparently it went bust......


Belinda and Alice went to the Neues Museum which had Nefertiti and the "Golden Hat". You'll have to look those up but they're pretty big deals.

A chocolate Titanic and some stupid tourists !


We had dinner at KaDeWe, the absolute best department store in the world. For some reason I kept getting asked for directions from stupid tourist, probably because I look like I know everything. So I started pointing people in one direction or another not really knowing what they were saying or where things were. I also taught Alice some German. I told her that whenever someone does something really nice for them to say " du bist ein esel". She actually said it very well practicing and Thomas overheard and said "huuh"!  He then explained it meant " dumb ass" and my humiliation of Alice failed.


As much as I like technology sometimes it's a pain in the butt. Last night at 0200, 2am, I got a call on my tablet from American Express because we had filled out an application for a Delta Airlines AMEX card in Detroit. Remember we had about a 12 hour layover and we were looking for anything to occupy the time. Anyway they were trying to confirm our application and when I looked at the tablet I thought it said it was from Jodi. Remember it was 2am. By the time my brain caught up I just said call me back in a few weeks. We won't fill out applications for credit cards again. Besides we have a credit freeze on our accounts at the three credit bureaus to stop ID theft so none of these companies can access our info anyway. By the way, if you want to protect yourself from ID theft, this is the best and, most importantly, cheapest way to do it. A one-time $10 fee locks your account. Period. Dave Ramsey won't tell you that. He makes to much money off of Lifelock!

Right now Alice is trying to figure out how to send all the....(be nice Alan).. things she bought home. I hope none of you expect anything more from me than this free blog. It's priceless anyway. And you have me. Kitty woke me up this morning because she was hungry. So I elbowed Belinda and said "what does she want?" Belinda said she was hungry and then got up to feed her.... Well she's not my cat!

I think we're headed out for another trek and to find a post office for Alice. "Oh gawd!"

No comments:

Post a Comment