Friday, September 11, 2015

Sex in Amsterdam

I know the title got your attention and this may be a more mature post. After all this is Amsterdam. We arrived at the airport and finally connected with Alice after a couple of long hours. For some reason my phone wouldn't access the wireless network. More on that later. Before we leave the flying portion of our trip I must mention that as we were boarding our Detroit to Amsterdam flight I purposely told the flight attendant that we were in "row 10, seats f and g." She repeated "f and g" and I said "shame on you!" She said " you made me say that!" And then turned to another attendant and said "you better keep an eye on him." Remember, I write these blogs because I think I'm funny.

Back to sex in Amsterdam. Tuesday night we walked and walked, not because we were going anywhere but because we couldn't find our way around very well. We saw churches and government buildings that looked like castles and " coffee shops" and , of course, the red light district. There are a number of streets like these, all with a red light above the "display" window. Across the street from one was a chocolate shop and for some strange reason I was more attracted to the chocolates. What does that say about me? EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!

Eventually we found a great little Indonesian restaurant (thanks Louie), and ordered a sampling of 12 different dishes.

It was, well, wonderful. We walked back to our hotel by about 2130 (look it up or subtract 12 for pm) and crashed. It had been a long two days for B and I. So what about sex you ask. Well here's the deal. I invited Belinda's aunt, Alice, along on this trip. She's my age and a great traveling companion for B because they can shop together and I can people watch. Some I watch a little more than others. Anyway, here in Amsterdam the three of us share a room with kind of a loft. It's in pretty much the center of the city on a side canal, built in 1543 and recently remodeled in 1650. It has one of those stairway things that wind around a center post so as you go up, you go around and the stairs themselves are teany tiny.


One bed is upstairs, the other is the couch on the lower level. It's an open concept and as they say, three's a crowd and Alice just won't go for a walk!  B said this is as close to sex as I would see on this trip.

Sorry, I kinda used the title to get you to read this post...



No comments:

Post a Comment